Wednesday 14 July 2010

Public transport...really?

Seeing as African transport is a constant source of conversation, frustration and amusement, I thought I would post one or two photos to prove my point. Anything and everything goes as long as the vehicle in question can move and stay upright. I saw 10 live goats strapped to a motorcycle today. Sadly the guy was too speedy and surprisingly too well balanced for me to whip out my camera. I'm not sure how many goat related incidents there are in Togo, but somehow I think it may be quite high.
Moving house...


...moving not quite sure what (a lot of the lorries tip/travel in a sideways motion as well)


...moving something roughly the equivalent size of the vehicle you are driving (the vehicle also has to be about 30 years old)


Moving people both behind the car...


...and 'in' the car (so to speak)


The motorbikes have many different uses...

The family bike (thought there were 7 people...look again)

The lorry bike

The livestock transporting bike...

...but the most important thing to remember when on a bike is to wear head protection

Yovo's (white people) are definitely not exempt from any of these rules...


... in this picture there were still two more people and the driver to fit in. Cosy.


No comments:

Post a Comment